Tag Archives: update

I’m Back, Bitches (yes, again)

16 Jun

Hey dudes and dudettes…

I know it’s been a while. I’m sorry. Life gets in the way and I get unmotivated and then shit just goes all willy-nilly and I forget I even know I have this site until I get the email for renewing my domain name and I think “Well, shit. I should probably go ahead and get back on the proverbial horse” and then I start three different drafts of different stories and get frustrated because I’m convinced it’s drivel and don’t actually get anything posted. We writers are a temperamental, hyper-critical bunch. With that, I beg your forgiveness once again for my laziness and overall apathy about actually pursuing this whole writing thing and make yet another promise to be far more consistent with my updates. 

2013 got off to a bit of a rocky start for me. My grandmother passed away and I had to make the hardest decision of my life in putting my tiny little baby angel, Dexter, to sleep. If any of you has ever had to decide to end a pet’s suffering, you know just how heart breaking such an event can be. In dealing with all of that, I kind of lost sight of who I was and what I want from life and all the big questions grief and loss bring about. Also, I realize how big of an asshole I look like for sounding like I miss my dog more than I do my grandmother, but I can assure you I miss her too – it was a long time coming, and to be honest, we all knew it was absolutely her time. It still hasn’t quite hit me yet that she is gone forever, and Dexter’s absence is glaring every time I walk in the house and he’s not here. 

Anyway, enough with the depressing stuff. What 2013 has also brought me thus far is a second chance at getting to know and building a relationship with my biological father. It has reconnected me with some friends I haven’t talked to in quite some time. It has taught me to forgive grudges I didn’t even realize I was holding, and it has given me the opportunity to focus on who and what’s important in my life. It’s made me understand that I am a very different person than I was ten years ago, and a very different person than I was five years ago. I’ve grown and changed and improved. I still have work to do, but I’m okay with that.

I think one of my favorite things about logging into WordPress after a long absence is the crazy ridiculous amount of comments I have awaiting approval. Roughly 95% of them are spam, and the other 5% either love my stuff or hate it. My favorite comment this time around was posted on my Planet Fitness post. It stated, “This reads like it was written by a 14 year old. Very immature and ignorant.” To that guy, I simply have to say fuck you very much. That post was satirical in nature and it’s one of my highest-viewed posts of all time. Additionally, the word ignorant doesn’t mean rude or immature. Let me Google the definition for you: ignorant (even if you know the definition, click the link because it’s fun). Also, you’re probably bitter that you fall into one or more of the categories of Planet Fitness members I mentioned. I’d like to point out that there certainly are normal people that go there to work out and fall into none of the categories I wrote about – I’m friends with many of them. Whatever, dude. It’s called the internet… shut that computer down if you’re going to be all butt-hurt about things.

Expect things to get pretty random around here… I’m working on a couple other writing projects (while also working, taking grad classes, and studying for the state insurance licensing test) so I’m a little all over the place (nothing new, right?). 

 

XOXO

%d bloggers like this: